A walking tour in Evora with a guide who takes you on a visit through the highlights of the city is the best way to get to know it. This is a true presentation of the places which you will be walking by, explaining all the details of where the history of Portugal was written. Truly enjoying the capital of Alentejo, Portugal.
This is a much richer experience than just walking the streets constantly checking a paper guide or a digital one… wasting a big part of your time and leaving many questions unanswered. In an informal but personalised form, our tourist walk in Evora allows you to get familiar with this such important part of your trip in Portugal.
If you only have half the day to visit Evora, a guided tour like the one we are about to describe is ideal to understand the culture of the region nowadays and its historic origins. Soon after, you will be able to explore your favourite spots in the city on your own or set out to discover other locations in Alentejo.
Guided Tour in Evora Route
The tourist attractions of the walking tour in Evora which we present here are only the highlights. You will see many others along the way.
- St. Francisco Church
- Bones Chapel (admission price not included – 5€ adults or 3.50€ +65 and -25 years old)
- Graça Convent and Church
- Giraldo Square
- Domus Municipalis
- Roman Baths
- Santa Isabel city gate
- Mouraria – Moorish Quarter
- Agua de Prata Aqueduct
- Roman Temple
- Cathedral (admission price not included – 2.50€)
- Moura city gate
- Espirito Santo Church – Igreja do Espírito Santo
- Evora University, Colégio do Espírito Santo
Evora guided tour, walking tour in Evora
Tour difficulty: easy
Total price per group, not per person. Groups are formed only by people travelling together. This way, we guarantee the quality of our service, something we are very proud of.
- 1-30 people – 80€
- 31-50 people – 160€
- 51-100 people – 250€
- 100+ people – upon request
Wine tasting – 5€ per person
Olive oil tasting – 5€ per person (unavailable on Sundays)
(Each tasting must be booked in advance and adds around half an hour to the duration of Evora guided tour)
- Our Evora walking tours are private and you will be accompanied by a local guide speaking in English, Portuguese, Spanish, French or Russian
- Admissions to paid monuments are optional and subject to opening hours
- The guided tour starts in Evora city centre
- Transfers to Evora from any part of Portugal (or from Evora) available
- Transfer also available upon request from/to the train/bus stations or a hotel outside the city centre
- The sequence of the visits depends on the starting point
If you have more or less time, contact us. Evora has other highlights. So, we are open to change the route or add other experiences like, for example, a wine tasting one.
Fill in the contact form below to book, ask us questions or suggest another walking tour in Evora or a classic car route in Alentejo. We would be happy to help plan your stay in our region.
Share this page with friends! Invite them to join us in our guided tour in Evora, Alentejo, Portugal!