The Tour Alentejo and Central Portugal is a great option for people with different interests and passions. It’s really perfect for families who want to make a trip in Portugal that pleases all its members.
If you want to land in Lisbon and explore this fantastic city, the next natural destination will be Evora, a UNESCO world heritage city. You can then start the Alentejo and Central Portugal (see also the possibility of including the Lisbon-Evora transfer and guided tours at the bottom of this page).
On the first day of this trip in Portugal, we reveal the world of cork transformation. We also present you the history and incredible views from the top of some castles of Alentejo Central and Alto Alentejo.
On the second day, set for the beginning of the discovery of Central Portugal, everything is a highlight: a convent (Tomar) and a monastery (Batalha), both UNESCO world heritage; the Sanctuary of Fatima; and the surf spot with the largest waves ever surfed in the world!
The third day of the tour includes a visit to a charming castle of this region and several iconic sites of a coast rich in seafood and beaches to relax, surf or do other water sports.
On the fourth and last day, we will be fascinated by the many sites of the world-famous Sintra village, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Afterwards, we trace the route along the coast. We also stop at the westernmost point of Europe and get to know the famous villages of Cascais and Estoril, among other places with names you have surely heard of.
Itinerary Tour Alentejo and Central Portugal (including Fatima Sanctuary)
Day 1 – Evora-Tomar
- Departure from Evora
- Azaruja – visit to a cork factory
- Evoramonte – visit to the castle and view over the montado (with clean weather, view over the Serra da Estrela)
- Estremoz – visit to the castle
- Marvao – visit to the castle with incredible views
- Castelo de Vide – visit to the historic centre, including the old Jewish quarter of this village which is considered the Sintra of Alentejo
- Accommodation in Tomar
Day 2 – Tomar-Obidos
- Tomar – visit to the centre and the Convent of Christ, a UNESCO world heritage site
- Departure from Tomar
- Fatima – visit to the sanctuary
- Batalha – visit to the Monastery of Batalha, UNESCO world heritage
- Nazaré – visit to Sitio and view over the Praia do Norte, where the biggest waves in the world are surfed
- Accommodation in Obidos
Day 3 – Obidos-Sintra
- Obidos – visit to the castle
- Departure from Obidos
- Praia do Baleal (beach)
- Peniche – visit to Cabo Carvoeiro (cape), overlooking the Ilhas Berlengas (Berlengas Islands)
- Ericeira – village very popular among holidaymakers and for being the 1st world surfing reserve in Europe and 2nd in the world
- Accommodation in Sintra
Day 4 – Sintra-Lisbon
- Sintra, UNESCO World Heritage Site – visit to Palácio da Pena, Palácio de Seteais and Quinta da Regaleira (Pena Palace, Seteais Palace and Regaleira Farm)
- Departure from Sintra
- Praia das Maçãs (beach)
- Azenhas do Mar – view to the famous houses on the cliff
- Cabo da Roca (Europe’s westernmost point)
- Praia do Guincho (beach)
- Boca do Inferno (Hell’s Mouth)
- Cascais – visit of the marina and the city centre
- End of the tour in the Lisbon area
Tour Alentejo and Central Portugal (including Fatima Sanctuary) | 4 days – Prices and terms
Prices (per vehicle)
The tour is private. We do not mix clients from different groups.
From 1780€ on a 7-seat van
Driver / guide
Entrances to the monuments
Everything not mentioned as included
- The tour is private, so it can be changed according to your preferences.
- All the visits will be accompanied by a guide.
- If you are travelling with children, we appreciate age information to have the appropriate chairs available. We will be happy to adapt the itinerary according to the needs of your children.
- This tour is an exclusive partnership between Visitevora and a partner tour operator that we consider to be an option of excellence in this type of tours.
Fill in the contact form to book, ask us questions or suggest another tour in Alentejo.
Share this page with friends! Invite them to join us in our Tour Alentejo and Central Portugal (including Fatima Sanctuary) | 4 days.