The Tour Interior Alentejo, Alentejo Coast and Algarve is an extremely exciting experience. The reason is simple: in just 4 days, we travel through the south of Portugal following a route as diverse as beautiful.
On the first day of this trip, we reveal iconic places, wonderful landscapes and traditions of Alentejo Central (Central Alentejo). Further south, we discover the Baixo Alentejo (Lower Alentejo), a place of olive groves and forests of cork oaks and holm-oaks near the border with Spain. On the second day, we cross the entire coast of the Algarve visiting the most historically important cities and seeing famous beach destinations.
The last two days of the tour will be dedicated to getting to know the Alentejo Litoral (Alentejo Coast), considered the last wild coast of Europe and also one of the most beautiful in the world. On the third day, the trail takes us along the Southwest Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park, its landscapes and small towns. In the fourth and last day, we travel through the Costa Azul (Blue Coast) and cross the Sado River by ferry to Setubal in order to visit the Arrábida Mountains Natural Park.
Itinerary Tour Interior Alentejo, Alentejo Coast and Algarve
Day 1 – Central Alentejo-Algarve
- Departure from Évora
- São Pedro do Corval – visit to a pottery shop in this village which is the largest pottery centre in Portugal
- Monsaraz – visit to this medieval village overlooking Lake Alqueva, the largest artificial lake in Europe
- Mina de São Domingos – visit to the industrial ruins and the river beach of Albufeira da Tapada Grande
- Mértola – visit to the historic center and the castle, with a view over the Guadiana River
- Castro Marim (Algarve)
- Vila Real de Santo António – visit to the Pombaline centre
- Accommodation in Monte Gordo (fishing village with a beach)
Day 2 – Algarve
- Departure from Monte Gordo
- Cacela Velha – visit to the small village overlooking the Ria Formosa Natural Park
- Tavira – visit to the historic centre
- Olhão – visit to the fishing port and the traditional market
- Faro – visit to the historic centre of the capital of the Algarve
- Vilamoura – visit to the marina of one of the most famous and luxurious tourist areas of the Algarve
- Praia da Rocha – visit to the Fortaleza de Santa Catarina (fortress), overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the Arade River
- Accommodation in Lagos
Day 3 – Algarve-Vicentine Coast
- Lagos – visit to the castle, slave market and sea front
- Departure from Lagos
- Sagres – visit to the fortress and Farol do Cabo de São Vicente (Lighthouse of St. Vicente Cape)
- Drive along the Vicentine Coast on secondary roads overlooking the ocean and fauna
- Vila Nova de Milfontes – visit to the mouth of the Mira River and the centre of town
- Porto Covo – walk through the fishing village
- Accommodation in Sines
Day 4 – Vicentine Coast-Blue Coast-Lisbon
- Sines – visit to the city centre, castle and North Coast
- Departure from Sines
- Santiago do Cacém – visit to the Roman Ruins of Miróbriga
- Comporta – visit to the Cais Palafitico da Carrasqueira (a pier on wooden stilts)
- Tróia Peninsula – ferry crossing overlooking the mouth of the Sado River (possible sighting of dolphins)
- Setúbal – visit to the market, Igreja do antigo Mosteiro de Jesus (church) and Igreja de Santa Maria da Graça (Setúbal Cathedral)
- Arrábida Mountains Natural Park
- Vila Nogueira de Azeitão – optional visit to Caves José Maria da Fonseca (from 4€/adult for a simple visit or 5€/adult for visit + tasting of 2 Premium wines)
- Palmela – visit to the castle
- End of the tour in Lisbon
Tour Interior Alentejo, Alentejo Coast and Algarve | 4 days – Prices and terms
Prices (per vehicle)
The tour is private. We do not mix clients from different groups.
From 2280€ on a 7-seat van
Driver / guide
Entrances to the monuments
Everything not mentioned as included
- The tour is private, so it can be changed according to your preferences.
- All the visits will be accompanied by a guide.
- If you are travelling with children, we appreciate age information to have the appropriate chairs available. We will be happy to adapt the itinerary according to the needs of your children.
- This tour is an exclusive partnership between Visitevora and a partner tour operator that we consider to be an option of excellence in this type of tours.
Fill in the contact form to book, ask us questions or suggest another tour in Alentejo.
Share this page with friends! Invite them to join us in our Tour Interior Alentejo, Alentejo Coast and Algarve | 4 days.