The Alentejo Tour – Traditions and Landscapes brings together, in a convenient and accessible way, several half or full day tours that we have been doing for a long time. This route has been carefully designed to visit the highlights of the Evora region. A fantastic option for those who only have two days to visit the Alentejo.
On the first day of this Alentejo tour, we start by having an appointment with prehistory and the art of Arraiolos tapestry. Afterwards, we enter passionate castles with a presence on the pages of the History of Portugal and landscapes as far as the eye can see. The Alentejo cork oak forest that we see from the beautiful roads we drive through is also represented in the discovery of the cork transformation process.
The second day of the tour begins with a visit to the largest pottery centre in Portugal and Monsaraz, an incredible medieval village considered one of the seven Wonders of Portugal (Villages). We see Lake Alqueva and get close to its waters. We talk to master rattlesmen who, proudly, work on their art considered Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguard by UNESCO.
Alentejo Tour – Traditions and Landscapes
- Departure from Evora
- Megalithic Tour – visit to the Almendres Cromlech, Almendres Menhir and Anta Grande do Zambujeiro (a dolmen)
- Arraiolos – visit to the historical center, Arraiolos Carpet Museum and circular castle
- Azaruja – visit to a cork factory
- Evoramonte – visit to the castle and view over the cork forest (in cloudless days, view over the Serra da Estrela)
- Overnight stay in Evora
- Departure from Evora
- Reguengos de Monsaraz
- São Pedro do Corval – visit to a pottery shop in this village which is the largest pottery centre in Portugal
- Monsaraz – visit to this medieval village overlooking Lake Alqueva, the largest in Europe
- Alqueva Dam Wall
- Portel – visit to the castle and drive up to Alto de São Pedro (highest point of the Portel mountain range, with observation of the Alentejo’s cork oak forest)
- Viana do Alentejo – visit to the castle
- Alcáçovas – visit to the Paço dos Henriques (a small palace) and a traditional cowbell workshop (UNESCO world heritage site)
- End of tour in Evora
Alentejo Tour Alentejo – Traditions and Landscapes | Prices and terms
Prices (per vehicle)
The tour is private. We do not mix clients from different groups.
From 695€ on a 7-seat van
From 950€ on a historic classic car
Driver / guide
Entrances to the monuments
Everything not mentioned as included
- The tour is private, so it can be changed according to your preferences.
- All the visits will be accompanied by a guide.
- If you are travelling with children, we appreciate age information to have the appropriate chairs available. We will be happy to adapt the itinerary according to the needs of your children.
- This tour is an exclusive partnership between Visitevora and a partner tour operator that we consider to be an option of excellence in this type of tours.
Fill in the contact form to book, ask us questions or suggest another tour in Alentejo.
Share this page with friends! Invite them to join us in our Alentejo Tour – Traditions and Landscapes | 2 days.