A tour to Monsaraz, or a guided tour to Monsaraz, is almost always on the plans of tourists in Alentejo. Because of the incomparable beauty we find on this medieval village that stopped in time. But also for the landscapes you can see from the top of the hill. Especially after the construction of the Alqueva Dam brought to Monsaraz the waters of this enormous lake and its uncountable peninsulas and small islands.
You can say, without a doubt, that a tourist visit to Monsaraz will be the highlight of your exploration of Alentejo. And no wonder! Did you know that Monsaraz won the competition 7 Maravilhas de Portugal – Aldeias (7 Wonders of Portugal – Villages) in the category Monument Villages?
Whether you start from Evora or any other place in Portugal, during this visit to Monsaraz your private group will be accompanied by a guide who will tell you about the history behind the incredible castle. In an informal but personalised way. Leaving no questions unanswered.
On the circuit Evora-Monsaraz-Evora (or departing from any other place in Alentejo/Portugal) that same guide will show you places of millenary importance in the region. And others where artisans still today work following tradition.
Route Monsaraz Tour
The tourist attractions of the Monsaraz Tour we show here are only the highlights. We will find many others along the road and also discover some more going through the streets of the small village.
MONSARAZ TOUR 1 – Duration: around 4h
- Reguengos de Monsaraz
- São Pedro do Corval (largest pottery centre in Portugal)
- Telheiro (Xarez Cromlech)
- Monsaraz (tour guide on foot through the streets of the medieval village)
MONSARAZ TOUR 2 – Duration: around 4.30h
- All the visits in Tour 1
- Visit to Mourão with emphasis on its typical chimneys
Monsaraz Tour, Guided Visit Monsaraz
Prices and terms
Prices per vehicle (lunch not included).
The tours are private. We do not mix clients from different groups.
MONSARAZ TOUR 1
From 120€ in an 8-seat van
From 160€ in a historic classic car (up to 4/5 people)
MONSARAZ TOUR 2
To the prices of tour 1, we add 20€ per each 8-seat van or 30€ per historic classic car.
Wine tasting – 5€ per person (must be booked in advance)
These are some of our 30+ cars, each periodically available to take you on the Monsaraz Tour!
- Our tours are private and can be altered according to your preferences
- All visits are accompanied by a local guide speaking in English, French, Spanish, Russian or Portuguese
- It is possible to start the tour in Lisbon or another city in Alentejo and Portugal (request a quote)
- The route is held by a tour operator partner of Visitevora, to whom we associated because we consider it the best option in this kind of tours
Fill in the contact form to book, ask us questions or suggest an alteration to the Monsaraz Tour or another tailor-made tour in Alentejo.
Share this page with friends! Invite them to join us in our Monsaraz Tour in Alentejo, Portugal!